County Judge David Hudson Calls for Volunteers
Sebastian County Judge David Hudson announced that the Fall Cleanup Campaign has been scheduled for Saturdays in September and October as a part of the Great Arkansas Cleanup Statewide. The County Cleanup Campaign maintains the natural beauty of Sebastian County and helps eliminate illegal dump sites.
The Sebastian County Campaign will take place on Saturdays starting September 15, 2018
through October 20, 2018. Dumpster schedules and locations are as follows:
• Saturday, Sept. 15, 7 AM - 2 PM - Central City- City Hall
• Saturday, Sept. 15, 7 AM - 2 PM - Lavaca Rural - Rodeo Arena Parking Lot on Rodeo Arena Road
• Saturday, Sept. 22, 7 AM - 2 PM - Greenwood Rural - County Road Department
• Saturday, Sept. 22, 7 AM - 2 PM - Jenny Lind -Jenny Lind Loop & Gate 9 road
• Friday, Sept. 21, 7 AM -2 PM- Greenwood City- Street Dept. -104 Bell Road
• Saturday, Sept. 22, 7 AM - 2 PM - Greenwood City - Street Dept. - 104 Bell Road
• Saturday, Sept. 29, 7 AM - 2 PM - Hackett- High School Gym on E. Greenwood St
• Saturday, Sept. 29 7 AM - 2 PM - Bonanza - Street Dept. on Hwy 45
• Saturday, Oct. 6, 7 AM - 2 PM - Milltown - VFD Community Building
• Saturday, Oct. 6, 7 AM - 2 PM - Witcherville - Park on Highway 71 South
• Saturday, Oct. 13, 7 AM - 2 PM - Hartford- Water Department
• Saturday, Oct. 13, 7 AM- 2 PM - Midland- Intersection 45 & 253
• Saturday, Oct. 20, 7 AM - 2 PM - Mansfield- Public Works Building
• Saturday, Oct. 20, 7 AM - 2 PM- Huntington- West Broadway at Cherokee Park
Note: The City of Greenwood residents may utilize dumpsters located at the Greenwood City Street Department North of the shop at the Recycle Center, 104 Bell Road, Friday, September 21st from 7 a .m. to 2 p.m. and on Saturday, September 22nd from 7 a .m. to 2 p.m.
Dumpsters will be placed by 7:00AM on Saturday and will be picked up by 2:00PM on the same day. Dumpsters are picked up by 2:00 PM in order to be hauled to the Landfill and dumped by closing time (3:30 PM)
NOTE: Dumpsters will be staffed at all times to assure that only acceptable wastes are disposed of. The following items are NOT acceptable in the “dumpsters” due to Landfill
•Yard waste, grass, leaves and brush
•Hazardous or toxic wastes
•**TV’s Computers- Electronic Equipment
•Herbicides or pesticides
•Paints or liquids of any kind
•Freon containing appliances (appliances using Freon MUST have the compressor removed before it can be accepted)
•NOTE: Tires “will NOT be accepted” as a part of this cleanup campaign.
•NOTE: Barrels used to burn trash “will NOT be accepted” as part of this cleanup campaign
•NOTE: Computers, TV’s or VCR’s “will be accepted” at two sites with a trailer designated for these items on Friday and Saturday September 21 and 22 at the Greenwood Street Department on Bell Road and on Saturday October 20th at the
Mansfield Public Works Building during their designated Cleanup date and time.
Please contact the Solid Waste District at 452-4104 for a complete list of E-Waste recycle centers with dates and time of operation.
This cleanup is for Residents only and NOT for Commercial Dumping Local volunteers are needed for litter pickups during the scheduled clean up days. For more information on participating in local events, call the Sebastian County Coordinator at 452-4104 or the County Judge’s office at 783-6139. You may also call the Great Arkansas CleanUp hotline at 1- 888-742-8701.
Dumpsters will be placed in several locations throughout the County in order for County residents to have a convenient place to bring collected trash for safe and legal disposal. White goods (appliances, refrigerators, etc.) may be placed during cleanup operating hours 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. only, in a designated area with the County Road Department disposing of these items on the day of the cleanup.
Dumpsters will be placed by 7:00AM on Saturday and are available until2:00 PM on the same day. Dumpsters will be picked up by 2 :00PM in order to be hauled to the Landfill and dumped by closing time (3:30PM) .
To learn more about the statewide cleanups and keep Arkansas Beautiful campaigns, contact the State Coordinator at 501-682-3507 for dates for fall cleanups.