• The River Valley Cycling Club hosts four group rides per week open to the public. Tuesday rides start at Fort Chaffee, Thursdays at Beef O’Brady’s and Sundays from Cisterna Market. There is also a women’s-only ride each Sunday at 5 p.m. at Fort Chaffee. Rides are often divided by ability levels, including no-drop rides for beginning road cyclists. Visit Facebook.com/RiverValleyCycling.
River Valley Golf Association upcoming tournaments. Call (479) 639-2350 for more information.
• Sept. 10 The Creeks in Cave Springs
• Sept. 17 Wolf Ridge scramble in Poteau
• Sept. 24 Cherokee Creek individual play Booneville
• Oct. 1 Ben Geren Championship Fort Smith
• Oct. 2 Ben Geren Championship Fort Smith
Sept. 15-16 — Choctaw Country Club in Poteau will be hosting the CCC Senior Open. Format is a 2 man scramble and is open to anyone 50 years of age or over. Shotgun Start at 1:00 p.m. both days and Sr. tees will be played for those 60 and over. Entry fee is $150 per team and will include a fish fry on Saturday. Call the Pro Shop at (918) 647-3488 for more information or to sign up.
Sept. 17 — Annual UAFS Lions Golf Tournament at Hardscrabble Country Club. There will be two flights. The morning flight has a shotgun start at 8 a.m., afternoon flight will begin at 1 p.m. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. Entry fees are $700 for a four-person team or $175 for an individual player. Mulligans are $20 per player or $80 per team. Entry forms are available online or at the UAFS Athletics Department Office inside Stubblefield Center. Entry forms should be returned to UAFS Assistant Director of Athletics Katie Beineke and may be faxed to (479) 424-6687. For more information, call (479) 788-7687.
Sept. 22 — Nichols Charity Golf Tournament at Fianna Hills Country Club, benefitting Hannah House. Four-person scramble with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Team entry $350, 25 team limit. For info call Greg (479) 651-7627, Nick (479) 651-2430 or Jenni (479) 782-5683.
Sept. 29-30 — The Choctaw Country Club Invitational. Format is 2 Man Best Ball except for the last flight which will scramble. Tournament will be pre-flighted and all paybacks will be cash. Practice round included on Friday and we will have a Par 3 shootout during the Saturday round. Entry Fee is $300 per team. Call (918) 647-3488 for more information or to sign up.
Oct. 8 — The Knights of Columbus #996 in Ft. Smith will be holding their Third Annual Charity Classic benefitting the Gregory Kistler Center. The four man scramble is at Fianna Hills Country Club, the cost is $500 per team which includes mulligans, putting contest etc. Hole sponsorships are available for $100. Lunch will be provided. For information (479) 883-1898.
Oct. 13 — Fall Annual Greenwood Bulldogs Baseball Golf Tournament at Fianna Hills Country Club. Shotgun start at 9 a.m. Lunch will be provided. Entry fees are $300 for a four-person team. Entry is limited to first 24 teams confirmed. Payout for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. Hole sponsorships available for $100. To enter a team, sponsor a hole or for more information, call (479) 650-5199.
Oct. 13-14 — Ben Geren Fall Couples Scramble: $200 per couple includes green fees, cart fees, dinner Saturday, light breakfast Sunday and prizes. Practice round available Oct. 12 for $28 per couple. Will be flighted after the Saturday round. Please stop by or call the Ben Geren Pro Shop at (479) 646-5301.
Nov. 11 — Ben Geren Veterans Day 2 person Scramble. Sunday Nov. 11. 10 a.m. shotgun start. $75 per team. If a team member is a veteran or active $60 per team. Each player can purchase a mulligan and red tee for $10. Hot dog, chips and cokes provided after the round. Stop by the Ben Geren Pro Shop or call (479) 646-5301 to sign up.
• Deer Trails Golf Course Saturday 9-hole scrambles will have a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Everyone invited. Members $5 plus cart fee. Non-members $25 includes cart and greens.
• The Trailblazers Hiking Club is dedicated to enjoying the outdoors in the Ozarks and Ouachita Mountains of western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. The club leads several hikes per month. Visit www.thcfs.com for more information or call (479) 646-9562.
Fall Softball Tournaments at Sallisaw. 6U Coach Pitch and/or Modified Coach Pitch $75. 8U CP $75. 10U Live arm $125, 12U $125, 14U $125. Three game guarantee Saturday only. We are a USSSA Sanctioned Park. Call Paul Marshall (918) 774-0664. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept. 15, Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 27
• The Fort Smith Boxing Club for youth boxers is forming. The gym is located at 1525 May Avenue. For more information, call Harold Corley at (479) 646-0876.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Paris boxing program is open to boys and girls, ages 8-18. Cost is $10 per year. A member of USA Boxing, the team has three weekly workouts from September-May and attends tournaments on the weekends. Call (479) 963-3577.
• WATA Jr. High Doubles League runs on Sundays through Nov. 18, from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. at Creekmore Tennis Center. Info (479) 782-5333 or go to watatennis.net.
The Sports Calendar runs free in the Times Record each Monday and daily at www.swtimes.com. Email information to email@example.com. Entries are not accepted over the phone. Business advertisements are not eligible for the calendar. The deadline is Friday at noon.