• The River Valley Cycling Club hosts four group rides per week open to the public. Tuesday rides start at Fort Chaffee, Thursdays at Beef O’Brady’s and Sundays from Cisterna Market. There is also a women’s-only ride each Sunday at 5 p.m. at Fort Chaffee. Rides are often divided by ability levels, including no-drop rides for beginning road cyclists. Visit Facebook.com/RiverValleyCycling.
River Valley Golf Association upcoming tournaments. Call (479) 639-2350 for more information.
Aug. 6 Waldron in Waldron
Aug. 13 Cherokee Creek in Booneville
Aug. 20 Shadow Creek in Sallisaw
Aug. 27 Chamberlyne in Danville
Sept. 8-9 —Fort Smith City Championship: Ben Geren Golf Course. Entries open to all amateurs who reside in either Sebastian or Crawford county or holds an annual green fee pass or has played a minimum of five 18 hole rounds at Ben Geren YTD. Entry Fee is $85 and includes 36 holes of golf including cart and prizes. Entries are limited to the first 80 paid entries. Championship flight plays the BLUE tees, Open Division plays the WHITE tees and Senior Division 60+ play the gold tees. Sign up cut off will be Sept. 6. Call the Pro Shop at (479) 646-5301 to sign up.
Sept. 22 — Nichols Charity Golf Tournament at Fianna Hills Country Club, benefitting Hannah House. Four-person scramble with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Team entry $350, 25 team limit. For info call Greg (479) 651-7627, Nick (479) 651-2430 or Jenni (479) 782-5683.
Oct. 8 — The Knights of Columbus #996 in Ft. Smith will be holding their Third Annual Charity Classic benefitting the Gregory Kistler Center. The four man scramble is at Fianna Hills Country Club, the cost is $500 per team which includes mulligans, putting contest etc. Hole sponsorships are available for $100. Lunch will be provided. For information (479) 883-1898.
• Deer Trails Golf Course Saturday 9-hole scrambles will have a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Everyone invited. Members $5 plus cart fee. Non-members $25 includes cart and greens.
• The Trailblazers Hiking Club is dedicated to enjoying the outdoors in the Ozarks and Ouachita Mountains of western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. The club leads several hikes per month. Visit www.thcfs.com for more information or call (479) 646-9562.
Fall Softball Tournaments at Sallisaw. 6U Coach Pitch and/or Modified Coach Pitch $75. 8U CP $75. 10U Live arm $125, 12U $125, 14U $125. Three game guarantee Saturday only. We are a USSSA Sanctioned Park. Call Paul Marshall (918) 774-0664. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept. 15, Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 27
• The Fort Smith Boxing Club for youth boxers is forming. The gym is located at 1525 May Avenue. For more information, call Harold Corley at (479) 646-0876.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Paris boxing program is open to boys and girls, ages 8-18. Cost is $10 per year. A member of USA Boxing, the team has three weekly workouts from September-May and attends tournaments on the weekends. Call (479) 963-3577.
• Ben Geren Men's league will meet each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. to play a 9 hole format. $20 entry fee to join the league. Call pro shop at (479) 646-5301 to join and sign up.
• Ben Geren Couples League each Thursday 5:30p.m. $12.50 per person. Call pro shop at (479) 646-5301
• Deer Trails Men's Golf League at Chaffee Crossing. Call Pro Shop about membership (479) 478-6971.
• Deer Trails Women's Golf League Chaffee Crossing. Format: A, B, C, D,-4 lady 9 hole scramble. Start 6 p.m. Sign up at Pro Shop (479) 478-6971.
• Choctaw Country Club in Poteau. Ladies Golf Scramble Thursday Evening at 5:30 PM Cost: $5 for non-members 9 Holes. Call (918) 647-3488
The Sports Calendar runs free in the Times Record each Monday and daily at www.swtimes.com. Email information to email@example.com. Entries are not accepted over the phone. Business advertisements are not eligible for the calendar. The deadline is Friday at noon.